This is an introduction and overview of asset pricing, covering challenging facts and basic consumption-based model.
- Asset Pricing
Ch. 20: Introduction (p. 389-393); Section 20.1 (p. 391-395 only); Section 20.2 (p. 435-448 only).
- Discount rates (p. 1047-1048; 1051-1053; 1058-1063).
- Fama, Eugene F. and Kenneth R. French, 1996, “Multifactor explanations of asset pricing anomalies,” Journal of Finance 51, 55-84. Read p. 55-60.
- Asset Pricing Ch. 1. (Ch. 1 is available free at Princeton University Press.)
- Discount rates video from the AFA annual meetings. Also, slides for the video.
- Financial Markets and the Real Economy Sections 1 and 2 (p. 237-257). Note: If you are unable to access this article here, check Google for the full book. The article in question is chapter 7.